Friday, 21 January 2011

Back to Basics... Nearly

Lately I've felt like I have nothing to wear although I have wardrobes full of clothes, mainly things I never wear - I know lots of people have this problem too! I rarely buy classic or basic things which means I can't wear most of my clothes day to day.

I've decided after years of high street sale buying and masses of primark tops taking up my room that I'm going to invest in some good quality classics that will be in every season, wardrobe staples. Like most people I dream of being able to buy clothes from websites including Net-a-Porter or Browns but actually the amount I've spent on cheap things over the years that I never wear is probably the same amount as a wardrobe of designer clothing.

So I'm on a quest for great wearable clothing, pieces I can keep for years ahead. Here are some discounted designer items I've picked out from The Outnet -

I think if I do buy anything from here it will end up being a pair of jeans because the Outnet have lots of top brands including Twenty8Twelve, Halston, Chloe & J Brand jeans for under £50 which is amazing when they were originally £200+. Knowing me I will try and buy similar things from Asos or Topshop, which in a way defies the whole point of this post haha.

Have a nice weekend guys :) xx

Alexander Mcqueen Scarf Top (RRP £185 now £40), Diane von Furstenburg Shorts (RRP £200 now £50)
Citizens of Humanity Lace up Jeans (RRP £290 now £100) & Adam Red Silk Skirt (RRP £220 now £68)
Halston Heritage Cream Jeans (RRP £175 now £48)
Theory Grey Tie Skirt (RRP £150 now £42) & Preen Lace up Mini Skirt (RRP £205 now £60)
Temperley London Drape Tunic (RRP £385 now £110), Maje Cream Layer Dress (RRP £258 now £77)
Vanessa Bruno Drape Shift Dress (RRP £250 now £52)
Rick Owens Drape Top & Jersey Dress (RRP £180 now £40)

3 comments:

  1. such good prices.... am following you!

    would love you to enter my giveaway:

    http://thoroughlymodernmilly5.blogspot.com/2011/01/giveaway-be-my-february-girl.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHLOE jeans for UNDER £50?? Thank you for posting that lovely piece of information! :-)

    LOVE the DVF shorts and cream layer dress. Beautiful and well done for making a very informed decision. I often think the same but then forget to save up - but the Outnet is brilliant for purchases like this.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice peices you picked out, Im glad Im not the only one that feels like that about my wardrobe! x
    http://peaceandloveand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete